Mainframe Capacity Planner
Salary $100000 - $140000 per year + Medical +Dental +Vision
Consultant Marco Maranzano
Date posted May 23, 2017
An opportunity has arisen for a Mainframe Capacity Planner to join a professional services organisation based in Richardson, TX. You will leads and participate in the design, development, and implementation of complex system engineering activities involving cross-functional technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities.
- Establishes input and output processes
- Able to provide and communicate complex technology solutions across differing audiences including technical, managerial, business executives, and vendors
- Responsibility for multiple, complex projects
- Direct activities of teams related to special initiatives or operations and may have direct reports
- Lead the resolution process for complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factor
- Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies
- Work with other areas to maintain correct MIPS for software levels and implements and monitors group-LPAR softcaps to help control cost
- Information Technology degree and technology certifications preferred or substantial equivalent experience.
- Must possess strong mathematical, statistical and analytical skills
- Have a complete understanding of mainframe capacity planning concepts and be able to support capacity forecasting
- Must have extensive knowledge of IBM zEnterprise server hardware and in-depth working knowledge of RMF and SMF data
- Must be proficient with RMF, MICS, SAS, MXG and Omegamon
- Preferred candidate would have experience with simulation or analytical modeling, have a good understanding of queuing theory, have zPCR experience and basic subsystem knowledge of CICS, IMS and DB2
- Working knowledge of Defined Capacity a plus
- Typically 7-10 years of IT experience
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please contact me or click to apply.