Cyber Security Analyst
Salary $90000 - $170000 per year + Medical +Dental +Vision
Consultant Marco Maranzano
Date posted May 17, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
An opportunity has arisen for a Cyber Security Analyst to join a professional services organisation based in Reston, VA. You will assist in triage, investigation, containment and remediation of cyber security incidents.
- Lead/assist with building out a structured cyber threat hunt program/process
- Prioritize and differentiate between potential intrusion attempts and false alarms
- Create and track security investigations to resolution
- Lead, perform or review security incident investigations
- Work to find new technologies or develop new techniques that can be used to improve the incident response process.
- Contribute to security strategy and overall security posture by identifying security gaps, evaluate and implement enhancements
- Stay up to date with current vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures
- Participate in other activities relating to security and privacy incident management
- Participate in continuous information security skills development/training
- 6+ years of related experience
- Experience with Arcsight/Splunk, Carbon Black Response/Crowdstrike/Tanium, FTK/Encase, Volatility, Incident Response, Threat Hunting, Network Packet Analysis, Host Based MFT and Log Analysis, Malware Analysis and Reverse Engineering
- Experience conducting live response
- Experience with with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Ruby, Go, etc.
- Strong understanding of Windows Internals
- Strong understanding of Linux and experience with management/administration.
- Strong communication and writing skills
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please contact me or click to apply.