Location New York
Consultant Petra Cooper
Date posted November 1, 2016
An exciting Insurance Counsel vacancy has become available with a leading Investment Manager headquartered in New York, seeking a senior attorney to be a key member of their Insurance Team.
This Investment Manager has $ 32 billion in assets under management and has been pursuing a series of initiatives to bring its core capabilities to the insurance industry, while developing several strategic partnerships.
The Insurance Counsel will be responsible for, among others:
- Developing legal & compliance infrastructure to support the build out and ongoing development of the insurance analytics business;
- Assessing regulatory implications of existing and strategic business initiatives (including data usage), monitoring regulatory landscape on an ongoing basis;
- Negotiating, developing and maintaining contracts across data providers and software vendors;
- Supporting the development of key client relationships through negotiation of terms and on-boarding;
- Partnering with stakeholders across the business, engineering and control functions to deliver strategic business initiatives; and
- Partnering with other members of the legal & compliance team as needed.
Required Qualification & Experience for the Insurance Counsel:
- 10 -15 years of experience overall, at least 5 years of experience within the insurance industry;
- Extensive technical understanding of insurance regulation and data privacy is a must;
- Experience negotiating vendor agreements with strong understanding of IP considerations; and
- P&C Experience.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit with an interest in helping to build a new business from the ground up, this Insurance Counsel position is for you!