Director - FP&A (Insurance)
Salary $175000 - $250000 per year + Dental + Vision + Medical
Consultant Raza Ilyas
Date posted April 18, 2017
A Global Insurance company are looking to recruit an FP&A Director to be based in their NYC Office. You will be accountable for driving engagement within the business and with Finance colleagues in ensuring adequate visibility over budget inputs, and that they align with the strategic objectives.
- Driving cultural ownership of budget, both within the business and within Finance;
- Enhancing existing analysis and insights with respect to quarterly performance;
- Partnering closely with fellow Finance team members with respect to all strategic analysis (e.g., business reviews, reinsurance);
- Accountability for any needed quarter-close activities;
- Partnering with actuarial, especially with respect to Actuals vs. Estimates and IBNR;
- Partnering with the Chief Underwriting Office, so that Finance reporting integrates key CUO measures, resulting in more timely understanding of performance by the business;
- Providing analytical support to help department owners track and manage performance.
- Communicating results and drivers as a trusted business partner.
- Track industry and peer metrics to develop insight on competitor trends.
- Developing staff, and help the Finance team be a net contributor to the companies talent pipeline.
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior experience within the P&C insurance industry
- 10 years experience within FP&A and have a strong understanding of FP&A and reporting cycles
- The ability to work in close coordination with the key finance and business leaders to affect change and drive results
- Excellent analytical, modelling and presentation skills
If you feel you match the requirements above and would be interested in hearing more, please do apply online today with your latest resume.