Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Salary $100000 - $130000 per year + bonus,
Consultant Max Zheng
Date posted December 9, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
My client is a growing global Reinsurance broker with offices in London, New York, Toronto, Burlington and Bermuda. It is part of a large US based broker that has had significant growth over the past 5 years in the US.
My client is looking for an enthusiastic and personable finance leader who has the analytical skills and business acumen to think outside of the box, adapt to a fast-paced environment, and manage through constant change.
- Work closely with group FP&A and regional heads to ensure regional and group targets are meet
- Develop and enhance the FPA regional team and the reports its produces
- Drive regional business initiatives to achieve financial targets and maintain cost discipline by providing financial and analytical support
- Lead and execute month-end and quarter-end reporting and variance analysis including preparation of financial reports and presentations for key regional stakeholders
- Partner and advise senior regional leaders in strategic decision-making by offering key financial insights, tracking performance, and identifying risks/opportunities
- Support annual operating plan and rolling forecast processes
- Take ownership of regional weekly revenue forecasting working collectively with the local and regional teams to ensure timely and accurate monthly/yearly forecasting
- Forecast KPIs and compare to targets for region
- Perform and monitor regional revenue scenario planning to help management project various outcomes whilst monitoring projected functional and overall expenses
- Develop business projections for long term strategic plans and capital spending
- Conduct industry peer analysis and evaluate new business opportunities and investments
- Responsible for development and input to group and regional boards packs
- Own and sponsor the new FPA reporting tool project (project Sea) at regional level
- Assist with regional and group wide ad hoc projects and ensure completion in a timely manner without sacrificing other task
- Acquire deep knowledge and understanding of company’s business performance and reporting to Finance Leadership
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and application of these.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration related field (MBA or CPA preferred)
- 5-10 years minimum experience in a Finance function, preferably FP&A, Investment Banking, Treasury, or Corporate Development
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role within the Insurance industry preferred
- Experience managing employees and leading a team
- Strong knowledge of financial planning and analysis systems (such as Oracle and Hyperion) preferred
- High proficiency in financial modeling and financial analysis.
- Expert in Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint especially in consolidating large data set and summarizing it for executive management (great storyteller!)
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and concepts.