Salary $125000 - $150000 per year + Medical + Vision + Dental
Location Los Angeles
Consultant Marco Maranzano
Date posted September 30, 2016
A leading investment management firm based in Los Angeles, CA is seeking a highly motivated senior developer/architect to join their software development and application support team. You will help design and program web based business and reporting applications.
- Providing solutions to complex problems
- Remove, resolve, or escalate roadblocks for team members
- Facilitate project meetings
- Identify opportunities for usability improvements
- Ensuring that code meets coding and security specifications.
- Manage quality aspects of offshore and outsourced development initiatives
- Responsible for reading an existing code base
- Responsible for effective communication and interaction with project teams
- 5+ year's cumulative experience designing and developing applications
- VBA code is required.
- Understanding of design pattern and Microsoft best practices
- Strong understanding and proven experience with technologies such as web-services, XML / XSLT,WCF, Smart clients
- Strong understanding and experience of messaging frameworks.
- Experience with ETL processing using SSIS
- Must possess SQL programming and SQL tuning skills.
- Experience writing and tuning stored procedures
- Understands how to analyze a code base
- Experience with development methodologies ranging from Waterfall to RUP to Scrum
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose complex software problems
- Prefer exposure to one or more of the following business platforms related to investment management - Trading and Settlements Platforms
If you would like to apply for this position please apply online.