Location New York
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted October 17, 2016
This is a fantastic opportunity for derivatives traders looking to fast track their career and set up their own desk! Our client is looking for ambitious, self-starting individuals who are passionate about trading and well-versed in either commodity derivatives or FI derivatives.
About the role
My client, a rapidly expanding trading firm, is looking for derivative traders who are looking to fast-track their career in an in-house trader training program. Successful candidates will have the amazing opportunity to be trained in London and then work out of the Jersey City office. Successful traders will be completing an induction to the commodities space and working to set up their own desk within 6-12 months. Starting salary will be $60,000 plus a high bonus, and salary will increase significantly if the Derivatives Trader performs well.
- Understanding the fundamentals of oil markets and commodities trading
- Keeping up with steep learning curve
- Self-regulated independent study on theoretical principles of trading systems and processes
- Applying theory on the trading floor
About the person
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A minimum of 2 years derivatives trading experience
- Self-starting and ambitious attitude
- Efficient and effective time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a quick paced environment and multi-task/prioritize multiple projects
About the organization
This rapidly growing trading firm is a leader in commodity derivatives trading. This organization trades worldwide markets across the globe and has continuously generated significant returns. The role will be based in Jersey City.