Valuation Analyst - Investment Group
Salary $80000 - $135000 per year + Bonus
Location New York
Consultant Wesley Darbouze
Date posted June 22, 2017
About the Position My client is seeking an exceptional Valuation Analyst to join its newly created model valuation team. Reporting to the Investments Management’s Valuation Manager, this individual will be responsible for validating and performing valuation analysis on various hard to value financial instruments within various industries using market accepted approach and theory. Ideal candidate will have relevant prior modeling experience in one or more of the following financial products: structured securities (e.g. ABS, CLO), private debt, private equity, and bank loans. The position is located in New York City.
My client is a global asset management company with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Design and / or validation of existing valuation models for hard to value assets
- Assist in completion and validation of pricing of hard to value securities on monthly / quarterly basis.
- Coordinate with 3rd party valuation service providers to ensure valuation reports are completed in timely manner.
- Document all key decision making rationale and model assumptions and build support files
Skills & Experience Required
- At least 2+ years of prior credit analysis experience within an investment bank or buy- side investment manager
- Experience in building highly complex valuation models in MS Excel
- Familiarity with financial services applications including but not limited to Capital IQ, Bloomberg, Intex etc.
- Prior modeling experience in structured securities (e.g., ABS, CLO), private debt, private equity, bank loans and derivatives.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as strong team building, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Highly collaborative and able to work efficiently and effectively in both team and individual environments
- Highly motivated team player with ability to deliver under time constraints
- CFA, CVA, CPA or other relevant professional designation or working towards one strongly preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business from an accredited college/university