Manager - Asset Management, Student Housing
Salary $105000 - $135000 per year + Bonus
Location New York
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted April 19, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
My Client, a large international Real Estate Asset Manager are continuing to grow their U.S. operations rapidly. As the business continue to make a number of asset acquisitions, they are looking to hire two more Managers of Asset Management to focus on Student Accommodation Assets.
The role is ideal for an individual with strong asset management background to continue to develop their career in a business that is growing rapidly in the U.S. and is well funded by the wider organization.
Tasks and responsibilities
As a Manager of Asset Management you will formulate and execute asset management strategies and plans for the real estate portfolio, including marketing strategies to optimize income and realize the highest value of the firms assets.
- You will be responsible for the overall positioning of assets as well as the enhancement of cashflow and asset value; maintaining good tenant relationships to ensure high retention rate; preparing and managing the firms annual budgets and reports which cover the financial performance of the asset, leasing status and rental collection.
- You will be optimizing expenditures; recommending divestment opportunities and managing the sale process assisting in the underwriting of new investment opportunities.
- work closely with external operators to ensure that the asset is properly maintained, managed and compliant with regulations and coordinating with external parties like government authorities, brokers, etc
- Other responsibilities include managing market intelligence and collating global market / industry information to ensure competitiveness of the Company’s products and services
- You will also assist in preparation and maintenance of financial reports and variance analysis, and financial modeling of assets for the portfolio.
Required skills and background
- Degree level educated; ideally with a degree in Real Estate, Building, Business, Finance, Engineering or a similar subject\
- At least five years experience with asset management
- Experience with student accommodation is preferred
- A good knowledge of local markets, U.S. and New York.
- Strong background and willingness to remain operationally hands-on with sound financial grounding
- Proven track record of being a good team player, demonstrating resourcefulness, strong communication and interpersonal skills