Sr. Proposal Writer
Location Los Angeles Metro Area
Consultant Lindsey Squillante
Date posted May 11, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
Senior Proposal Writer Job Location(s)US-CA-Los Angeles
Senior Proposal Writer
Job Location(s)US-CA-Los Angeles
Sales & Marketing
The Senior Proposal Writer is responsible for independently managing and completing requests for proposals (RFPs) and consultant questionnaires. This individual will have comprehensive and deep knowledge of the Investment Management industry and our products as well as the Proposal response process. In addition to managing individual projects, this position provides guidance and direction to associate team members.
Additional responsibilities include overseeing and validating the maintenance of firm wide and product characteristics such as AUM, asset flows, gains / losses.
The Senior Proposal Writer reports to the Department Manager and works closely with all members of the RFP/Product Management team in supporting the firm’s current and prospective clients. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload and seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
- Comprehensive project management of RFPs and questionnaires across the company's strategies, funds, and distribution channels. This entails review and verification of all RFP requirements; completion of proposal responses, and coordination of final project review, approval, and submission.
- Draft original content and coordinate input received from internal departments including: portfolio management, product management, legal, compliance, human resources, marketing analytics and other teams. Research, verify and update product specific information and related content in RFP database.
- Perform data analysis of products and strategies including AUM, characteristics, and performance review.
- Assume primary responsibility for RFP review and consistency / accuracy. Oversee the production of electronic and print materials to ensure Proposal meets all requirements and deadlines. Supervise final formatting, technical editing and reproduction.
- Provide expertise and support in review of consultant databases with monthly/quarterly data and profile updates on over 40 company products
- Bachelor’s degree; 5 plus years of experience in investment management or financial services industry
- Strong understanding of fixed income, equity and/or alternative products and ability to articulate product strategies clearly in written and verbal form
- Experience with proposal management process
- Strong organizational and time management skills; detail-oriented. Ability manage multiple projects, organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excellent grammar, writing and verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within established guidelines
- Project management experience
- Strong proficiency level with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with consultant databases and content within
- Proficiency with RFP-related software and applications, preferably Qvidian
- Supervisory or management experience
- CFA and/or MBA or progress towards a plus