Infrastructure Associate / Analyst
Salary $75000 - $115000 per year + Bonus
Location New York
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted May 25, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
My Client, a prestigious Investment Firm, is looking to hire an Associate in their Infrastructure and Real Assets team. This is a rapidly growing firm with a global presence and can offer excellent opportunities for the right candidate to develop their career both from expanding their knowledge & learning in this space and due to the firms commitment to promoting from within for any high performing employees.
The Infrastructure and Real Assets team supports institutional investors across all stages of their infrastructure and Real Assets investment programs. The firm oversees approximately $120billion in private market allocations with $30billion+ of AUM.
This role is for an Analyst / Associate level with prior experience in an Infrastructure roll, preferably with Downstream experience, though midstream would be considered too. This individual will be responsible for providing analytical support to the broader international team in advising clients on investments in infrastructure and associated real assets sector.
Role responsibilities and tasks
- Strong financial modelling and analytical skills – ability to analyze financial statement analysis, valuation bridges, comparable public companies, and prepare sensitivity/scenario analysis;
- Strong memo / presentation writing skills;
- Ability to undertake research regarding, and diligence of, potential investment opportunities and sectors, including primary funds, co-investments and direct investments
- Ability to construct an argument around investment decisions and effectively communicate that argument both verbally and in written materials; be able to defend your position in a team environment, including Investment Committee meetings;
- Strong client interaction skills – ability to interact with clients and prepare advisory materials as required
- Support senior staff on sourcing and managing the inflow of investment opportunities
Background and skills
- Strong academic background with minimum of bachelors degree in a related subject
- 1-4 years work experience. This could be with an Investment Bank, project finance firm, Investment Manager, professional services firm, limited Partner or related business.
- Track record of experience and success in an infrastructure focused roll
- Strong financial modelling skills as related to Infrastructure and real assets
- Flexible and dynamic individual able to operate in a constantly changing and evolving environment
- Ability to work with a global team to identify and work towards solutions in an efficient manner