Investment Accountant, Sr. Associate
Salary $95000 - $130000 per year + bonus
Consultant Akhil Nagapuri
Date posted December 9, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
My client, a prestigious asset management firm based in Los Angeles, is looking to hire two Investment Accountants into their growing finance function. One position sits within the direct lending group and the other position within a central investment accounting function.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a background in accounting within financial services to progress their career within a growing organization committed to the progression and development of their staff.
The accountant will be part of the investment accounting group which is responsible for portfolio level reporting across the firm. This position works closely with other parts of the firm including PMs, Traders, Accounting IT as well as service providers to ensure consistency and accuracy of reporting.
Primary Function & Essential Responsibilities
- Assist in managing relationships and liaise with internal resources, external fund administrators and off-shoring resources to meet reporting deadlines.
- Daily review of investment transactions such as private transactions, corporate actions and loan activity.
- Assist with on-boarding new funds and transitioning existing funds.
- Daily review of investment level reconciliations.
- Work with fund accounting teams to ensure all transactions are in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Building and managing stakeholder relationships across all levels in the business.
- Scrutinizing and reviewing the work of outsourced administrators and offshore colleagues.
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience.
- Background in Public Accounting (preferred).
- Experience with bank debt, bonds, CLO equity, structured products and other income products.
- Advent Geneva experience a plus.
- Proven track record of success within a financial services organization.
- Experience identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Bachelor's Degree.