Location New York, NY, USA
Consultant Jennifer Redman
JobRef 116602/0012019-06-18 2019-08-03 oil-and-gas permanent US New York City New York USD 130000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Portfolio Specialist, New York City
A global investment manager is expanding its valuations and deal support team with the appointment of a Portfolio Specialist based in their New York City office.
The firm are successful worldwide, with global footprints in the APAC, North American and European regions, specializing in a wide range of diversified assets.
The Portfolio Specialist will operate in a broad role, facing off with the investment team directly, asset managers and investing companies and the international offices. The position will afford the successful candidate the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of finance, from pre to post closing deals, playing a pivotal role in growing the business's investment portfolio.
The Portfolio Specialist will:
- Participate in due diligence for potential investments, structure deals where necessary and co-ordinate investment closings
- Contribute to portfolio reviews assessing and maintaining portfolio performance
- Build and maintain valuation models
- Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders throughout the deal process
- Conduct monthly performance reporting and prepare valuation committee materials
- Ad hoc projects as required
The Portfolio Specialist will have:
- A degree in Finance or a related field
- A finance related qualification is preferred but not essential (CFA, MBA, CPA)
- Five years’ (+) experience in a financial/professional services firm within valuations/transaction services (experience in Oil and Gas a plus)
- Strong Excel modeling skills
- Willingness and ability to travel (25%)
If you are currently working in a transaction or deal support related position, and looking to move into something more long term and commercially oriented, please click to apply.