Salary $100,000 - $130,000 per year + Bonus
Location New York, NY, USA
Consultant Tianna Peluso
JobRef 121072/0012019-08-12 2019-10-11 financial-services permanent US New York City New York USD 100000 130000 130000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
My client, a prestigious Alternative Investment firm, is looking to hire a Financial Analyst to assist their Head of Strategy in a Performance, Strategy and Forecasting role. This is a great opportunity for someone with two or more years of public accounting / audit experience to get into a forward-thinking position with a firm that offers great progression and internal mobility.
Working closely with the Head of strategy the successful applicant will be forming a holistic financial view of performance across the business. You will be leveraging data and information to help the different businesses and business managers to understand drivers of performance. It is crucial that this individual will be able to build and develop internal relationships as they will be working with senior management across the full breath of the business, including but not limited to; Deal Support, Valuations, Risk Management, Finance, Treasury and Investor relations.
The position requires someone that has a background in public accounting, ideally in audit, with a minimum of around 2 – 6 years of experience within public accounting / audit. It is important that this individual is able to demonstrate why they would like to move into an FP&A / Finance position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Head of Strategy, Performance and Forecasting with creating a comprehensive view of financial performance throughout the firm
- Liaise and build relationships with a variety of internal teams including Deal Support, Fund Analytics and Risk Management, Valuation and Operations, Treasury, Accounting, Tax, Technology and Investor Relations
- Consolidate and perform qualitative and quantitative reviews of ad hoc financial information to ensure its accuracy
- Assist segment leaders in making strategic financial decisions for their businesses to optimize performance
- Develop mechanisms that allow for accurately answering investor’s specific questions in a timely fashion
- Identify recurring data requests and create solutions to address such requests
- Implement initiatives throughout the firm that improve operational effectiveness and financial results
Required Background and Skills
- 2 – 6 years’ experience of public accounting (ideally in audit with a big 4 accounting firm)
- An interest in and understanding of Financial Services; preferably investment Management and Alternative Investments
- CPA Qualified or studying towards CPA (or equivalent) preferred
- Solid Academic background with a minimum of a bachelors degree in finance, accounting or related subject
- Strong Excel skills with an understanding of financial modeling
- Good understanding of core accounting principles
- Able to demonstrate a track record of developing relationships with senior management