Business Development Associate - Private Equity
Salary $90,000 - $140,000 per year + Bonus
Location Los Angeles, CA, USA
Consultant Christopher Stringer
JobRef 122582/0012019-09-09 2019-11-08 financial-services permanent US Los Angeles California 90277 USD 90000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
My client, a prestigious private Equity Firm based in the greater Los Angeles Area, is looking to hire a BD Associate responsible for sourcing new investment opportunities. This is a great opportunity for someone with a successful track record of financial services business development to develop their career with a prestigious firm, committed to the development of their staff.
This individual will participate in all aspects of the business development process, including deal origination and qualification, relationship management, database management, industry/market research and marketing.
Key responsibilities & tasks
- Build & nurture relationships with Investment bankers and corporate development professionals
- Maintaining ongoing dialogue
- Identifying M&A and strategic opportunities for existing portfolio companies
- Building and maintaining senior stakeholder relationships whilst representing the business.
- Some travel to NY, SF and other financial hubs required.
- Evaluate new investment opportunities
- Review confidential information memorandums
- Gather deal dynamics
- Interact with senior deal leads regarding deal dynamics and bid strategy
- Attend industry conferences, corporate development conferences etc
- Attend relevant networking events
- Build out case studies and other marketing material
- Deal flow analysis
- Involvement in portfolio company financing decisions
- Creating and executing on investment theses within software and technology
- Database administration
Key background and skills
- Excellent analytical and communications capabilities; organizational discipline; attention to detail
- Driven, highly motivated self-starter
- Initiative; professional ambition; team orientation
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Creativity and entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong work ethic and interest in learning about private equity and the software/technology industries
- Ability to build trust and support with senior executives as the face of the business
- Successful candidate will likely have 3+ work experience in PE, investment banking, management consulting or finance and have a working knowledge of private equity and the aptitude to learn very quickly