Sr. Consultant, OTC Rates, Middle Office Asset Servicing
Salary $70000 - $80000 per year + Medical + Dental +Vision
Consultant Marco Maranzano
Date posted June 19, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
An opportunity has arisen for a Sr. Consultant, OTC Rates, Middle Office Asset Servicing to join a professional services organisation based in Manhattan, NY.
- Affirmation/Confirmation for Rates OTC trades on electronic platforms or on paper where required
- Manage the settlement of swap cash flows associated with Rates products, including unwinds, resets, and premiums
- Key point of contact and escalation point for trading desk, reconciliation and control group, and counterparties to resolve any economic discrepancies on trades in timely manner
- Ensure accuracy of transaction agreements and modifications
- Ensure proper controls and audit requirements are upheld through all processes
- Work with IT in the development and enhancement of front to back trading systems
- Prioritize time properly and delegate responsibility properly across the team
- Understand and process trade activity in accordance with established operations policies, procedures and client deliverables; understand and minimize risk associated with trade mismatches
- Ensure procedures are kept up to date
- Adaptability and ability to effectively work with many coworkers and clients in a fast-paced trading environment.
- Should be intellectually curious, intuitive, and trustworthy and have the highest ethical standards
- Assist in the training of personal – locally and globally
- Seek to improve processes and enhance the overall client experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years finance experience, with focus on Interest Rate Derivatives
- Experience in Rates OTC structured and derivatives products.
- Strong knowledge of MarkitWire and MTM affirmation workflow
- Proven change management experience
- Thorough understanding of operational risk management
- Excellent people skills; ability to dynamically act as knowledgeable point of reference to co-workers domestically and internationally
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, VBA and Word
- Excellent math and analytical skills
- Excellent English, grammar, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under extremely time sensitive conditions
- Understanding of the various Rates OTC transaction types such as vanilla, cap/floors, swaptions, OIS, FRAs and IOS/POS.
- Understanding of front to back workflow.
- Understanding of established guidelines and documents published by ISDA
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please contact me or click to apply.