VP Business Strategy
Salary $150,000 - $195,000 per year + Bonus
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted March 13, 20192019-03-13 2019-05-11 financial-services permanent US New York New York 10036 USD 150000 195000 195000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
My client, a prestigious international Investment Bank, is looking to hire a VP in their Internal Strategy team (known as Business Architecture) which operates across the breath of the business. The role provides the opportunity for someone with a background in strategy/consulting to develop their career in a high performing business and in a role with exposure across all aspects of the business.
In this role, you will work closely with Strategic Advisory, Digital Strategy, Corporate Development and Business Architect (comprising Process/Operational Transformation & Impact Assessment). The role is within the business Architecture function. The business Architecture function in Strategy is a focused function within the wider BA construct to enable a consistent and efficient approach to scoping and impact assessment to improve assignment and execution of Commercial and Regulatory reform challenges.
Business Architect’s purpose is to frame & develop commercial solutions to unlock business and client value. This is achieved by focusing on the following Goals; Common enterprise process methodology, cohesive and consistent approach to business process design, rapidly frame high value opportunities, comprehensive understanding of the current and future risk environment and recognised experts in integrated process solutions.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Work with key partners (Legal, Compliance, Markets Structure, Business) to breakdown significant regulatory reform requirements as basis for impact assessment activity
- Apply consistent analysis methodology to determine scoping implications of regulatory reform challenges (e.g. internal entities, products, client categories, trading scenarios)
- Identify and work with key stakeholders across Business and Infrastructure to determine and validate analysis
- Provide a focused engagement point within the business for major strategic initiatives with cross asset class impact
- Provide a centre of expertise and advisory capability in assessing process and operating model design implications for regulatory and commercial challenges
- Identify cross functional process improvement opportunities through regulatory analysis to drive cross-business process standardization to gain efficiency and reduce manual activity,
- Ensure that commercial and trade eligibility obligations are assessed as part of regulatory impact
- Encourage the business to be mindful of clients and functions when making architecture design prioritization decisions
- Provide advisory services to the Design Authority ensuring process design integrity and consistency across asset classes, Transaction Cycles, Services and functions
- Support the design, development and delivery of the process optimisation service offerings for the businesses Strategy
- Perform analysis of regulatory requirements to map to internal entities, products, client categories, trading scenarios etc. to define high level scope
- Deliver solutions that adhere to agreed process design standards and the businesses Operating Principles
- Responsible for the quality and integrity of artefacts and output material created by the team
- Comfortable developing and maintaining relationships as well as presenting to senior management
Key skills and background
- Strong academic background; Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years working in financial servies/ investment banking.
- 6+ regulatory compliance experience.
- 4+ years of front office experience.
- Exposure to a mandatory deliverable environment with external dependencies (such as regulatory requirements)
- Prior stakeholder management, negotiation & influencing skills
- Ability to navigate a cross-functional and/or multi-regional environment
- Lean / Six Sigma qualified
- Strong presentational skills (both preparation and delivery)
- Previous experience of large scale Cross Asset Regulatory analysis and implementation
- Knowledgeable of cross asset Change initiatives, business processes inefficiencies, and front to back infrastructure
- Ability to support analysis, design, governance, and control of regulatory change
- Solid project management skills to ensure project tasks are delivered per committed timelines
- Strong stakeholder management skills; negotiation, influencing and relationship building