AVP QRM Infrastructure and Modeling
Salary $90000 - $120000 per year + negotiable
Consultant Michael Kang
Date posted November 4, 2016
An exciting AVP of Asset Liability Management role has opened up with one of the largest US bank. This role will give you an opportunity to join a brand new team and can be based in Boston or Charlotte.
The Asset/Liability Management (ALM) group within Global Treasury is responsible for optimizing the balance between reward and risk through analyzing and recommending strategies for sustaining and growing net interest revenue while balancing capital and market value sensitivity constraints. The group is accountable for in depth understanding, modeling, and representation of the complex interaction of global markets, customer behavior, and regulatory oversight to create a horizon of risk/reward opportunities and exposures to the Board of Directors, senior management, and regulatory agencies. ALM is responsible for collaborating with other areas across Global Treasury, Finance, and the bank to create proposals to optimize reward within the risk appetite outlined by the Board of Directors.
The AVP of Asset Liability Management is considered a key contributor to realization of the Asset/Liability Management group’s mission. He/she will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Quantitative Risk Management (QRM) asset/liability management system
- Ensuring operating system stability
- Develop and implement strategic asset/liability management system framework initiatives
- Implementing modeling enhancements made by internal modelers and third parties
- Directing peer efforts including setting work priorities and delivery dates through effective influencing
- Works closely with senior managers to formulate business needs and determine the analytical tools and data needed
- Integrate Information Technology initiatives into department efforts
- Serve as liaison with third party software vendor to ensure proper modeling and system support
- Ability to learn new concepts and become a subject matter expert on QRM architecture
- Assumes matrix management role and provides guidance to team members
- Applies knowledge/skills handling complex problems and/or coordinating work which may extend beyond own area of expertise; shares expertise with colleagues and other departments
The position requires:
- 2+ years ALM experience in large, complex financial institutions
- Minimum of MBA, preferably in Finance
- Require significant Quantitative Risk Management (QRM) asset/liability management software experience
- Strong experience in working collaboratively with Information Technology staff and third party vendors
- Detail orientation
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to broad audiences
The business is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors, including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With over $28 trillion in assets under custody and $2 trillion in assets under management as of 2016, my client operates in more than 100 geographic markets worldwide.
If you are driven and motivated to move your career to new challenges, the AVP of Asset Liability Management role is definitely the right opportunity for you.