Salary $80000 - $110000 per year
Location New York
Consultant Michael Kang
Date posted April 4, 2017
My client is a major hedge fund that is looking for a 2-5 year risk analyst to join their team.
My client is an employee owned hedge fund sponsor. The firm primarily provides its services to pooled investment vehicles. It invests in the public equity and alternative markets. The firm mainly invests in leveraged loans, high-yield bonds, and distressed securities to make its portfolio.
- Top Tier BA/BS in financial engineering/finance/economics/mathematics or similar degree
- 2-3 years experience; although very strong candidates with less experience will be considered
- CFA candidate is a plus
- Experience implementing tools for trading desk and/or risk reporting
- Strong working knowledge of fixed income math, performance attribution, scenario analysis,
- Exposure to derivatives (equity and credit) is a strong positive
- Must have a demonstrated ability to manage large datasets
- Ability to handle heavy workload and interact professionally with senior management
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively is an absolute must
- Strong SQL - Query/Stored Procedure/Function Building; SSIS, Analysis Services a plus
- Working knowledge of VBA, VB.Net knowledge is a plus
- Experience with Business Intelligence software (Tableau)
- Knowledge of Bloomberg APIs, FinCAD, Matlab, R/S+ also a plus
- Knowledge of other languages (C, Perl, Java, etc) also advantageous
Prominent multistrategy credit hedge fund based in midtown with ~$6bn under management is
seeking a technically proficient Risk Analyst to do daily/weekly/monthly risk reporting, build
trading/risk analysis tools, and manage long-term projects. Further responsibilities include
implementing new risk calculators, scenario analysis, stress testing and model building and
output validation. Modeling to include fundamental, technical and quantitative elements.
Candidate will have exposure to all aspects of the firm – trading and portfolio management,
marketing, investor relations, operations, and legal. The candidate will interact intimately with
investor relations and operations to ensure that monthly risk/returns databases are kept up-todate
as well as produce monthly risk statistics to be presented to investors.
Candidate will be responsible for enhancements and maintenance of Solus’ proprietary risk and
Organizational ability and attention to detail are critical requirements.
High exposure, excellent long term potential
Position reports directly to the CRO/COO
Elements of both finance and programming can always be taught, but the ability to learn quickly
and be flexible to a multi-faceted role is the main characteristic that we look for in candidates.
The mindset and ability to accept responsibility for a given assignment, project, or system is
instrumental in a candidate’s success in the role. An ideal candidate is one who has been in a
technical role at a top tier investment bank