Data Specialist - Fixed Income Insurance Portfolio Management
Salary $110000 - $150000 per year + Bonus
Location New York
Consultant Wesley Darbouze
Date posted June 21, 2017
Data Specialist – Fixed Income Insurance Portfolio Management About the Position The Data Specialist candidate will be responsible for supporting the insurance portfolio management team by developing and enhancing portfolio management tools, preparing and reviewing portfolio and client reports, analyzing risk and compliance data, coordinating portfolio and data-related activities with the operations and trading teams, and assisting with various portfolio management and business development objectives to support the growth of the Investments team. The position is located in New York.
My client is a global investment and advisory firm with more than $200 billion in assets under management.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Assist senior portfolio managers in managing client portfolios via the design and development of reports and portfolio management “tools” using Microsoft Excel and other internal or third-party systems.
- Monitor portfolios on day-to-day basis to ensure compliance with client guidelines, adequate cash management, and other guidelines as set forth by clients and senior portfolio managers.
- Generate and review portfolio analytics and conduct analyses of insurance portfolios performance with focus on return, yields, duration, etc.
- Develop, prepare and review the on-going production of portfolio summary reports for management.
- Collaborate with operations and trading teams to enhance portfolio management tools and processes as well as ensure data is accurate and available for use
- Assist in portfolio monitoring and surveillance efforts.
- Work with portfolio managers on various investment projects to identify and assist in the development and implementation of best practices.
Skills & Experience Required
- BA/BS with concentration in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, or Math/Engineering/Computer Science strongly preferred
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with very strong Excel/spreadsheet skills (VBA)
- 3+ years of relevant experience in fixed income investment management, fixed-income related capital markets, or fixed-income analytics.
- Strong communication skills.
- Team oriented individual with ability to work well with diverse groups.
- Experience with Blackrock Aladdin/ANSER platform strongly preferred. Additional experience with Bloomberg, CitiGroup YieldBook, and other fixed income analytic systems is a plus.