Risk Stress Testing Lead
Salary $90000 - $130000 per year + Bonus
Consultant Wesley Darbouze
Date posted June 22, 2017
Overall purpose of role: The role holder is responsible for developing and delivering the loss forecasts of all groups’ stress tests including DFAST, PRA, EBA, and the annual Internal Stress Test. Given these responsibilities the role holder will work across functions (Finance, Business Line, Operations) to gather necessary data, incorporate business feedback, and communicate results. The role holder will also work with 3rd party vendors who supply analytic support for stress test exercises and ensure quality output aligned to business requirements.
This specific group of the bank is responsible to manage risk across products for the Retail and Business Cards, Instalment Loans.
The Risk professionals within the group have advanced technical skills across a broad range of disciplines. They take the lead in addressing issues including the potential implications of an economic downturn or financial crime, and in advising business leaders in making measured decisions.
The Impairment & Capital teams are aligned to each portfolio and are responsible for produce analyses on impairment, capital, as well as carrying out forecasting, stress testing and risk appetite activities. Among the main tasks there is also the management of the regular impairment and RWA calculation and reporting processes, following internal and regulatory policies and frameworks.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
- Develop Risk deliveries for US and International stress test exercises including:
- DFAST: annual exercise submitted to the FDIC (US)
- PRA: annual exercise submitted to the PRA (UK)
- EBA: annual exercise submitted to the EBA (European)
- IST: annual exercise submitted to the Barclays Board (UK)
- Ensure quality data is used in all stress test exercises and evidenced in project documentation
- Ensure quality outputs are delivered and evidenced in project documentation
- Support annual upgrade of loss forecasting engine supporting these stress test exercises:
- Defining upgrade requirements in close collaboration with peers in Finance, Treasury and Strategic Analytics
- Support the delivery and execution of these upgrades by internal 3rd parties (ex. Risk Analytics) and external 3rd parties (ex. Argus)
- Implementation of upgraded loss forecasting models into automated production engines to ensure quality output is delivered
- Support work with regulators (FDIC/PRA) and Internal Audit to complete the audit process of all stress tests
- Ensure DFAST, PRA, EBA, and IST methods, results, and documentation comply with external guidance and rules as well as internal policies and standards and that all necessary governance is followed (ex. Model risk governance).
Your Skills and Qualifications will include:
- At a minimum, an undergraduate degree in business, statistics, economic or other math based discipline required.
- 5+ years of experience in financial services.
- Experience in Risk Management, Planning, Marketing and/or Finance.
- Very strong hands on abilities with analytic software (such as SAS) to manage data, conduct analysis, and report results
- Commercial focus – including experience of working across functions to deliver overall business strategy and driving for full P&L performance.
- Communication - effectively communicate detail and technical concepts in plain English to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to deliver accurate results within tight, pressurised deadlines supported by sound time management and organizational skills
- Graduate degree (MBA, MS, M. Phl) preferred
- Experience of in Stress Testing, Impairment, and/or Capital for Retail or Wholesale portfolios.
- Experience leading projects with cross-functional teams
- Base SAS certification