Senior Quantitative Analyst (Fixed Income/Mortgage Pref.)
Salary $70000 - $120000 per year
Consultant Wesley Darbouze
Date posted June 22, 2017
One of the top private mortgage insurers with over $170 billion primary insurance in force covering approximately one million mortgages providing a critical component of the U.S’s residential mortgage finance system and protecting mortgage investors from credit losses. We have won repeated awards for being the one of the top places to work in the area in addition to a comprehensive benefit package.
This position reports directly to the manager of quantitative risk modeling in Risk Management. This individual is responsible for developing and implementing risk models, conducting independent model reviews and validations, and providing analytical solutions to business problems.
• Independently complete risk analytics and modeling projects.
• Work with client business unites to determine modeling and analytic metric needs and desired results.
• Build, test and calibrate models and analytic processes, create documentation for all analytic and modeling activities.
• Perform vigorous model reviews and validations to meet internal and external regulation standards.
• Develop and implement new analytic and modeling approaches, processes and systems.
What’s in it for you?
• Profit Sharing
• 401(k) with a company match
• Pension Plan
• On-site Fitness Center and Classes (corporate office)
• Paid-time off and paid company holidays
• Paid Parental Leave
• Tuition reimbursement
What we’re looking for: (Hard Requirements)
• A Master’s Degree in finance, econometric, operations research, mathematics, statistics, or engineering preferred
• More than 1 year of working experience in the financial industry with preferred knowledge of FIXED INCOME modeling, OR residential mortgages, OR prepayment and credit models.
- This opportunity can be either a junior or Senior position depending on level of experience.
• Analytical skills related to risk systems development.
• Functional knowledge that encompasses a variety of systems, projects, and platforms.
• Understanding of IT System Development Life Cycle.
• Proficiency in programming in VBA, SAS, SQL, MATLAB, and script languages.