AVP - Risk Analysis Lead,
Salary $90000 - $140000 per year + Bonus
Consultant Wesley Darbouze
Date posted June 22, 2017
My client is an international financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth management.
The Credit Risk Office (CRO) is responsible for the customers risk assessment throughout the life cycle. In addition to defining the risk appetite that the business needs to operate in, CRO team also develops strategies for account origination, line assignment, ECM line qualification, authorization, credit line decrease and collection strategies
Overall purpose of role:
o The Risk Analytics Lead position provides project specific leadership in evaluating existing third party data sources, partner data and new data sources and incorporating them in underwriting and line assignment processes.
o Working with the Acquisition Risk Group Lead, the Risk Analytics Lead role will in addition will design manual underwriting processes, strategy implementation and validation, and partner level performance tracking for both internal and external reporting.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
o Key specific accountabilities
- Evaluate new data and partner data sources for underwriting and line assignment strategies using statistical analysis techniques such as CHAID Decision Trees, optimization procedures, loss forecasting, enhanced process monitoring, data quality analyses, and incorporate score implementations supporting launch (50%)
- Develop and monitor customized manual underwriting process (20%)
- Work with Segment / Strategic Analytics / Decision Science staff to ensure project completion within agreed time frames and end-client satisfaction. (10%)
- Analyse, validate, track, and monitor delivered projects. (20%)
o Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- This role involves working closely with both internal and external stakeholders. Strong communication skills, ability to work independently and multitasking of projects would be key for this role.
o Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Strong analytical skills, business knowledge and understanding of P&L drivers are essential for this role. Detail should be provided as to the type and complexity of problems and the impact the role has on developing or enhancing existing systems or processes
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
o Basic Qualifications
- Four-year college degree in quantitative discipline required (ex. Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics).
- 5+ years analytical work experience in a financial services company required
o Preferred Qualifications
- Graduate studies, Masters or PhD preferred but not required
- Strong communication skills & ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Project management skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Proficiency with analytical software (e.g. SAS), SQL tools (e.g., Oracle), Unix platforms, Knowledge Seeker, and MS Office required