Regulatory Capital Risk Anlayst
Salary $70000 - $90000 per year + Bonus
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted September 23, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
My client, a prestigious European Investment Bank is looking to hire a number of candidates both on a contract and on a permanent basis, in their Regulatory Risk team. The purpose of the team is to ensure the bank is meeting its Capital requirements and other regulatory requirements. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a prior understanding of Basel III and RWA calculations to develop in an exciting a rapidly evolving environment and within a business committed to the success and development of its employees.
The team in this role will be responsible for Implementing defined target operating modeling for regulatory capital calculation. It will also be tasked with ensuring the bank can produce Standardized Basel III Regulatory Capital Charge for Banking book positions and market risk charges for trading book positions. The team will also need to be able to produce projected RWAs to satisfy CCAR requirements. Overall the position will be a fit for someone that has a prior background in Banking Capital requirements and also the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The role will offer a number of opportunities for learning development as well as career development.
Key responsibilities and task
- Assist in implementing business architecture required to support the Regulatory Capital computation per Basel III Requirements
- Assist in implementing business architecture required to support the US GAAP and Supplementary Leverage Ratio computation
- Extensive engagement with lines of business, Treasury, IHC Management, and Finance/Product Controllers.
- Lead and engage all stakeholders to better understand RWA, Numerator, and CCAR methodology
- Manage the detailed data gap assessment to support Regulatory Capital reporting requirement
- Assist in understanding the impact and requirements of the evolving and complex regulatory requirements with respect to CCAR
- Assist in implementation effort for all Regulatory Capital and Leverage Ratio requirements for the IHC with a focus on CCAR projections
- Assist in coordinating the data aggregation within various infrastructure areas within the IHC (i.e. Front Office, Legal Entity Control, Product Control, Risk, Treasury)
- Product Management Information for Senior Management Reporting
- Assist in developing a data governance and attestation framework for Regulatory Capital program
- Assist in develop robust internal controls governing Reg Cap
Key Skills & background
- Strong educational background with a minimum of a bachelors degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting or similar subject.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in Bank Regulatory Capital Reporting
- Prior understanding of Basel III capital requirements
- 2+ years of Federal Reserve Bank Basel II.5/III requirements
- CPA preferred
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting
- Knowledge of Regulatory Capital stress testing requirements for CCAR reporting
- Experience in investment banking products including complex investments
- Good communications skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in financial and regulatory systems architecture