ALM/Treasury PMO/BA in COO Team
Salary $150000 - $200000 per year + negotiable
Consultant Max Zheng
Date posted December 16, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
Present in the U.S. since 1930s, Large Investment Bank today employs approximately 3,000 professionals based in six U.S. cities. in the U.S offers fully integrated global finance, investment banking and global markets services, as well as alternative asset management via its Lyxor U.S. subsidiary. In addition, Large Investment Bank has now fully integrated its acquisition of Newedge, a top multi-asset brokerage with a significant U.S. presence and among the top future commission merchants globally. The Asset, Liability Management/Treasury (ALM/TRE) is responsible for firm-wide asset and liability management, including management of the firm’s interest rate risk, structural foreign exchange risk, funding, liquidity risk and capital. The ALM/TRE COO team is part of the ALM/TRE function and we seek a highly motivated, team oriented Governance Vice President. The position will report to the COO for ALM/TRE and it will require involvement in a variety of initiatives.
- Provide project management capabilities across the program as a whole and aim to provide consistent reporting and governance; and transparency via program updates.
- Undertake analysis to elicit and clarify requirements and work closely with business contacts and development leads to propose business and/or technical solutions.
- Provide a cohesive, delivery from various internal and external development teams, ensuring seamless progression towards project goals. Actively assess and manage risk; remove / reduce barriers towards realizing goals, ensuring mitigating actions are in place & managed
- Review and update Policies and Procedures
- Create presentations that provide updates to internal and external stakeholders
- Help manage critical business operations for the department including group structure, finance, control & supervision, human capital, delivery of regulatory & audit commitments, as well as providing critical support for the department to implement the strategies.
- Responsible for training & development, in collaboration with the talent development team and key stakeholders within the department
- Participate in development of new and enhanced control processes in response to regulatory changes, audits, and examinations;
- Collaborate with internal departments to support the ALM/TRE business through regulator exams, testing, and internal audits
- Stay abreast of industry and regulatory developments and interpret the impact on Liquidity and Funding and keep business colleagues informed
- Four-year college degree required, MBA preferred
- 6+ years of experience with Project Management and Business Analysis required
- 8+ years of work experience in Financial Services/ Investment Banking required
- Liquidity management experience preferred
- Prior experience managing policies and procedures required
- Prior experience establishing governance controls required
- Prior experience in Regulatory Program delivery
- A proactive, self-starter - willingness to roll-up sleeves to ‘get things done’
- Highly structured and organized, with sound project tracking and resolution skills
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Disciplined analysis & problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Willing to challenge received wisdom
- Able to multi-task and prioritize while dealing with ambiguity