Business Risk - Senior Derivatives Analyst
Location Des Moines, IA, USA
Consultant Thomas Byrne
JobRef 118452/0012019-07-13 2019-08-24 banking permanent US Des Moines Iowa USD 80000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
We're looking for a business risk candidate focused on derivative operations to join a growing team.
What you'll be doing:
- Work closely with Derivative Portfolio Management, Derivative Trading, Legal, Treasury, and Investment Accounting to support end-to-end trade processing and data management for a variety of derivative products.
- Work closely with foreign and domestic investment banks to manage settlements associated with derivative trade events, margin requirements, cash management, and collateral.
- Perform data management functions to ensure appropriate flow of data into internal trade execution and capture platforms, and downstream to accounting, reporting, and other stakeholder platforms.
- Serve as point of escalation for trade and data breaks, provide direction to resolve complex issues with internal and external stakeholders, and incorporate new processes to mitigate risk of repeated issues
- Oversee third-party providers, analyzing complex issues, and coordinating with them to resolve any issues which arise.
- Develop and enhance a culture of prudent risk management within the team, and wider organization.
- Management and analysis of legal-document trading agreements; understanding differences among ISDAs, CSAs, MCAs and associated agreements across different legal entities and trading partners.
What they're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree (in Business, Finance, Accounting, Data Analytics, MIS, or related field) or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience required.
- 4+ years of progressive responsibility and experience in finance, accounting, or related industry required.
- Knowledge of and prior experience with Derivative post-trade workflows required.
- Experience using MarkitWire/MTM, triResolve, Acadia, PAM/PFI, and/or GTSS.
- Prior experience writing business cases, defining business requirements, and/or overseeing projects as a business user.
- Expert knowledge of Excel required. VBA/SQL experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of derivative and/or fixed income products, and how they fit with investment and hedging principles
For more details get in touch with Thomas Byrne at Robert Walters on 212 704 9900 or email@example.com