Operational Risk Analyst
Salary $96,000 - $125,000 per year
Location Washington, USA
Consultant Daniel Leavy
JobRef 119222/0012019-07-13 2019-09-09 financial-services permanent US Washington District of Columbia 1100 15th St NW, Washington, DC 20005 USD 96000 125000 125000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
I am working with a premier financial services firm in Washington DC looking to expand their operational risk department. The main focus of this role is to identify and monitor the company's operational risk in how its transaction and infrastructure function. The ideal candidate should have strong collaboration and negotiation skills and be able to be highly adaptable and comfortable with managing competing priorities.
Key Job Functions:
- Review organizations processes in assigned business unit; analyzing of flow of work through systems.
- Collaborate across corporate and business units on business problems or the execution of unusual transactions.
- Develop Documentation of business processes and safeguards.
- Prepare and lead presentations and workshop sessions for topics including: process analysis, risk identification, assessment, and control/mitigation.
- Participate or be technical lead in disaster recovery effort.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- 6+ years of Operational Risk experience
- Experience with ORM frameworks and execution (have experience with 3 lines of defense)
- Experience with design and execution of operational incident/event programs
- Experience with design and execution of external event programs
- Experience with capital and risk management methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Problem solving and analytic skills