SVP Operational Risk
Location Houston, TX, USA
Consultant Daniel Leavy
JobRef 120912/0012019-08-14 2019-10-08 financial-services permanent US Houston Texas 333 Clay St 77002 USD 160000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Currently working with a premier investment bank in Houston Texas looking to add an SVP to their operational risk department. This role focuses on Commodities Operational risk and you will be overseeing a large portion of the regions markets commodities risk from an operational risk standpoint. Our client is looking for a candidate who can effect change in operational risk management through developing and implementation of the Operational Risk Management Framework.
- Forming an independent view of operational risk within the firm while changing/improving this ORM framework.
- Viewing new business initiatives and ensuring that main operational risks are identified and managed while engaging respective stakeholders.
- Review and Challenge business risk reporting, KRI's, assurance, and projects based on operational risk data.
- Provide insights to operational risk framework to business owners and SME's.
- Implement key projects to deliver strategy of operational risk.
- 10+ years of commodities operational risk or audit experience
- Degree in Finance or related area
- CA,CFA,CPA would be a plus
- Experience of working in a regulatory environment
- Analytic Mindset to make decisions on ORM issues.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills.