Market Risk Analyst - ALM
Salary $100,000 - $120,000 per year
Location Los Angeles Metropolitan Area, CA, USA
Consultant Lucky Nguyen
JobRef 119642/0012019-08-15 2019-10-14 financial-services permanent US Los Angeles Metro Area California 90017 USD 100000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A prominent capital markets firm is looking to add a Risk Analyst to their Balance Sheet Risk Management team. In this role you will be monitoring market and liquidity risks.
- This role will be one of coordination, working within established policies and procedures and assuming responsibility for interpretation and delivery within established policies and procedures.
- Independently conduct moderately complex routine operations and maintenance support activities.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of procedures and concepts within ALM/SIRR and respond to moderately complex functional queries.
- Adhere to operating policies and procedures and regulatory guidelines and make recommendations within scope of ALM/SIRR and/or provides input into policy and procedure amendments.
- Identify and independently resolve moderately complex routine issues in the context of ALM/SIRR.
- Analyze data and prepares reports of observations, and relatively simple recommendations based on findings.
- Generally execute on approved strategy but may assist in the development of strategies/action plans to address technical and competency gaps within oversight of ALM/SIRR.
- Ensure a strong control environment by aligning data management, methodology and quantitative models
- Implement risk analysis tools to allow for deeper understanding of risk drivers and changes.
- Understand and quantify the impacts from model and parameter assumptions (quantitative and qualitative) employed within the non-trading market risk framework, including deposit duration models, retail pricing models, and loan prepayment models
- Create consolidated reporting that includes additional sensitivity measures and stress testing, with consistent aggregation and integration across business lines, legal entities, etc.
- Monitor activities and exposures to ensure adherence to approved policies and limits
- Regularly review existing policies and limits, proposing updates and revisions where necessary