Salary $120000 - $150000 per year + Medical + Dental + Vision
Consultant Marco Maranzano
Date posted November 1, 2016
A major investment bank in Manhattan, NY, is seeking a Scala Developer to join the business. They are building a new strategic reference data platform for client, account and instrument data. The platforms initial rollouts have been extremely successful and they are looking to expand and extend these.
- Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and maintaining applications.
- Design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities
- Work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications.
- Manage a high level of risk.
- 5+ years of Java, Python (or similar) programming, Scala is a big plus
- Experience with functional programming is a big plus
- Experience with graph technologies is a plus. Familiarity with Semantic Web (RDF) and Sparql is a plus
- Experience with distributed computing is a plus. Familiarity with Zookeeper/Storm/Spark/HDFS is a plus.
- Experience with search technologies is a plus. Familiarity with Lucene/Solr/ElasticSearch is a plus
- Experience with enhancing and maintaining mission-critical software in a fast-paced environment is a plus
This role is for a major investment bank based in Manhattan, New York.
If you would like to apply for this position please apply online today or call Marco Maranzano for more information.