VP of Engineering
Salary $280000 - $320000 per year + STI + LTI
Location New York
Consultant Edward Hooper
Date posted September 13, 2016
A global online platform which attracts over 300 million unique visitors and 3 billion videos views worldwide per month is seeking a VP of Engineering. Due to company growth, they are looking to enforce their programmatic and monetization by building their own video ad stack to deliver a new monetization solution for its own ecosystem around online, mobile and TV, and provide innovative marketing solutions for advertisers.
The VP of Engineering will lead and manage a rapidly growing engineering team and build an organization to construct a product on a highly scalable technology stack. This platform offers some of the best content from users, independent content creators and premium partners.
- Direct and manage the high performing real-time bidding platform project in an agile environment
- Lead and inspire a multinational team of engineers in Paris and New York
- Develop and mentor upcoming leaders and key engineers
- Assess project requirements, resources, milestones and specific deliverables to manage the development process
- Develop and maintain a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress of the overall project schedule
- Oversee the daily activities of the delivery team and provide direction and guidance as needed
- Work closely with Product and Project Managers to ensure alignment and on time delivery
- Ensure all members of the team are aligned on the project schedule and priorities. Manage conflicts in priority or scheduling as they arise.
- Assess, minimize and mitigate potential risks
- Ensure the agile feature teams are using methodologies and working as efficiently using short and long term goals
- Collaborate on key architectural decisions and design considerations to ensure high quality, scalability and resiliency
Required Skills of the VP of Engineering:
- 10+ years of software engineering experience with progressively increasing responsibilities and at least 5 years of experience in a leadership capacity
- Proven experience in a fast paced, high volume product development environment overseeing distributed systems engineering
- Demonstrated capability in working with cross-functional teams and promoting a collaborative, results-focused environment with immediate team members and internal partners.
- Capable of developing a comprehensive platform performance and scalability strategy while continuously delivering product improvements
- Capable of influencing key stakeholders, product leadership, customers and sales
- Experience in one of the following domains highly desirable: Ad Tech/Online Advertising, Web/Online, Scalability/performance, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and innovate, excellent team building and leadership skills
- Embrace the following qualities and leads by example: do what you say; move fast; make things happen.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Engineering
Are you motivated, ambitious and passionate, and a leader who enjoys working in a flexible and somewhat laid back environment? Based in a central Manhattan location, this organization offers great benefits and the opportunity to work in a creative environment with a culture similar to a start-up but with the stability of a larger business. You will enjoy summer hours, as well as healthcare and commuter benefits to name a few.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please apply online or contact Ed Hooper at Robert Walters on +1 212 704 9900