Senior Application Architect
Salary $115000 - $145000 per year + Bonus
Location Los Angeles
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted September 13, 2016
My client, a prestigious asset mangement firm, is looking for a skilled, motivated and articulate senior developer / architect to join their software and application support team. The successful individual will assist with designing and programming web based business and reporting applications.
The successful applicant must be able to translate business requirements into technical architectures, data models and designs. It is important that this person is also a confident and articulate communicator as they will have constant interaction with clients, internal and external, so they must be able to articulate technical issues concisely.
They are looking for candidates that are able to code when required too.
The candidate must be well versed in software development methodologies, expert in multiple tools and technologies, possess excellent technical problem solving skills, programming and unit testing skills.
It is important that this candidate takes a proactive involvement in shaping technical documents with complicated designs and fully understand and utilize the appropriate tool set to solve client needs.
- Responsible for providing solutions to complex problems with workable solutions architectures and technical documents
- Remove, resolve, or escalate roadblocks for team members in a timely manner
- Facilitate project meetings effectively and ensure team is focused on continuous improvement
- Identify opportunities for usability improvements, simplification and standardization across application stack(s)
- Ensuring that code meets coding and security specifications
- Manage quality aspects of offshore and outsourced development initiatives. Responsible for peer code reviews as well as vendor code reviews
- Responsible for reading an existing code base in order to analyze its behavior and make fixes or enhancements to it
- Responsible for effective communication and interaction with project teams
- Ensuring project deadlines are met on time
- Liaison to the Application Architecture team and PMO teams to ensure guidelines and process across all technology initiatives are aligned properly
Technical capabilities preferred
- Microsoft C#
- ASP .NET, Java Script/CSS/XML
- Experience with SQL, particularly T-SQL
- Experience with MS SQL Server
- Experience with Tableau or other reporting platforms
- Microsoft SQL Server Report Services and Report Builder (SSRS)
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Server (SSAS)
- Microsoft SQL CLR ProgrammingSkills and abilities
- experience designing and developing applications on the Microsoft .Net platform and technologies i.e. C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, WCF, Silverlight, AJAX, jQuery, etc.
- Microsoft Office Excel expertise, in particular the creation / maintenance of Excel VBA macros and VBA code is required.
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture
- Understanding of design pattern and Microsoft best practices
- Strong understanding and proven experience with technologies such as web-services, XML / XSLT,WCF, Smart clients
- Strong understanding and experience of messaging frameworks.
- Experience with ETL processing using SSIS
- Must possess SQL programming and SQL tuning skills.
- Experience writing and tuning stored procedures
- Understanding and experience with building performance (speed and accuracy) critical applications
- Understands how to analyze a code base as well as the fundamental constructs of object based programming.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills to effectively work in a dynamic environment
- Results driven with an ability to multitask and meet aggressive deadlines
- Experience with development methodologies ranging from Waterfall to RUP to Scrum