VP of Engineering
Location New York, NY, USA
Consultant Jamie King
JobRef 122732/0012019-09-12 2019-11-11 it permanent US New York New York USD 200000 230000 230000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A new opening has arisen for a VP of Engineering to join a fast-growing start-up who are already a market leader. The VP of Engineering will be based in New York and will be the founding engineer for the companies US presence.
- Build out a first class engineering culture in New York.
- Develop and create a high level engineering team which will be scaled out dramatically in the near future.
- Partner with product teams to help influence product roadmaps.
- Ensure the team is up to date with the latest trends in technology and stay current with new concepts like Agile and DevOps.
- Manage a strong build/release production environment.
- A strong background in B2B SaaS.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a similar field.
- 10+ years leading product focused engineering teams.
- Strong Java/J2EE skills.
- Front end experience with CSS, HTML5, AngularJS etc.
- Exposure to Big Data technologies.
- Strong AWS skills (EC2, ElasticSearch, Arora, Redshift, Lambda)
- MongoDB and Postgres.