Dynamics Navision Application Architect and Enterprise Manager
Salary $150,000 - $165,000 per year
Location Manhattan, New York, NY, USA
Consultant Thomas Carter
JobRef 122672/0012019-09-11 2019-11-10 it permanent US Manhattan New York USD 150000 165000 165000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
My client is looking for 2 positions in the newly created Enterprise Applications Team. An Applications Development Manager and an Applications Architect to help the business use the current Microsoft Navision ERP system to its full potential and to evaluate and drive through long term ERP strategy. Details of each position and the qualifying criteria are given below.
Applications Development Manager:
The mission of the Enterprise Applications Development Manager is to provide guidance to the offshore developers and serve as the go-to person to solve urgent matters in Dynamics NAV system. They will be the sounding board among ERP application managers and Application architect. The development manager will accomplish this mission in an environment of rapidly changing business models, technology, and customer expectations.
• Serve as the onsite technical expert to solve system issues.
• Triage and fix urgent production issues to support business users.
• Provide technical guidance to ERP application managers.
• Manage and coach offshore developers.
• Review code and act as the gatekeeper to enforce best practice of the system changes.
• Provide technical spec to offshore developers.
• Migrate approved code changes from TEST to PROD environment.
• Minimum 5 years experience with Dynamics NAV programming.
• C/AL and C/SIDE programming experience required.
• AL & Extensions programming experience highly preferred.
• Familiar with Dynamics NAV/365 architecture.
• Ability to code and document the customization following standard practices.
• Lead application deployments and any upgrade as needed.
• Experience with Dynamics 365 Business Central upgrade is highly preferred.
• Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting application software.
• Mentoring junior developers where required.
• Liaise with third party vendors and internal ERP team.
The mission of the Application Architect is to provide strategic technical leadership that enables
business success as impacted by technology and its application to business systems (integrated
technology, process and work done by people). The Application Architect will accomplish this mission in
an environment of rapidly changing business models, technology, and customer expectations. The
Application Architect will govern, evangelize, strategize, and delegate but will primarily architect, design,
facilitate, lead and direct enterprise architecture in multiple contexts of the business.
• Build robust and flexible application architecture adaptive to a fast-growing environment
• Lead the initiative to bring Dynamics NAV cloud hosting in-house from a 3rd party vendor
• Build and support all Enterprise Application especially ERP related middleware and interfaces
• Work cohesively with infrastructure team on system hosting and support
• Act as a liaison between infrastructure team and application team
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with enterprise architecture best practices and goals
• Strong understanding of Multi-cloud architectural solutions and integration patterns
• Designing and integrating multi-tier application, server and relational database environments
• Middleware and Enterprise Applications
• UNIX and Windows Operating Systems
• Leading large complex projects
• Knowledge in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
• Experience in Dynamics 365 architecture is highly preferred
• Data warehousing (DW), Business Intelligence (BI) & Analytics preferred
• Ability to document and draft technical procedures and processes
• Strong communication skills (oral and written)