Location Los Angeles Metro Area
Consultant Lindsey Squillante
Date posted June 26, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
This is a Compensation Associate role for a one of the largest global alternative asset managers, with three complementary and market leading investment groups: credit, private equity and real estate and an AUM of $112 Billion.
Looking for an exceptional Associate with a minimum of 2+ years of FP&A or compensation accounting experience. The candidate will be based in Los Angeles and work closely with the Human Resources Compensation team in Los Angeles.
In this role, the candidate will be a key point of contact between the Human Resources and FP&A / Corporate Finance teams, engaging in modeling, planning, and analysis of compensation data and other analytics. The candidate must be resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. This role will afford the successful candidate a significant opportunity to help grow and enhance the metrics used as to make key decisions around the firm's accruals and results. The candidate must be focused on continuous improvement in accuracy and timeliness of ongoing management financial and operational reporting, and must be adept at accessing and handling confidential information.
Primary Function & Essential Responsibilities
The candidate will join the Management Human Resources Compensation team in supporting our business lines and business operations functions. The Compensation team works closely with the divisional Business groups as well as the Finance and Accounting teams which support the firm globally.
The primary functions of the role are envisioned to be as follows:
- Managing the aggregation and analysis of compensation and related costs for the company and reporting of consolidated information to the Finance and FP&A teams
- Responsible for development and delivery of monthly / weekly / quarterly management reporting to senior management
- Development and review of quarterly forecasts for internal stakeholders; partner with business owners for opportunities to support strategic decision-making
- Drive continuous long-term improvement to the company's compensation accounting practices: deeper P&L analysis, multi-year forecasting, tool / analysis development, technology solutions
- Ad hoc analysis as requested by senior management
- Potential opportunity to develop other related reports and analytics, combining HR, finance, and senior management strategic objectives
Skills & Abilities Experience Required:
Minimum of 2 years of FP&A, compensation accounting, and/or investment banking experience; extensive financial modeling experience with a public company
Excellent interpersonal, written communication and presentation skills; self-driven with the ability to multitask and prioritize within a dynamic environment; team-oriented with a strong sense of ownership; strong financial planning skills including ""hands on"" leadership in developing, implementing and maintaining a comprehensive planning system (used for reporting and performance analysis); Technically proficient with all MS Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint - experience with Access databases a plus; flexibility to absorb change within a global organization; solid organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage time
Undergraduate degree from a top academic institution in Finance, Economics or Engineering; MBA preferred but not required; CPA, ACA, ACCA and/or CFA a plus