Senior Manager, Employment & Labor Counsel
Consultant Aleea Cherry
Date posted March 13, 20192019-03-13 2019-05-12 legal permanent US New York New York 10128 USD 145000 160000 160000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An Employment & Labor Counsel position has become available at one of the fastest-growing department store retailers in the world, with a number of leading well known fashion retail banners across North America. Reporting to and working closely with to the Director, Senior Labor & Employment Counsel this role offers outstanding experience for an Attorney who has expertise in the Employment & Labor Law field.
The Senior Manager, Associate Labor & Employment Counsel is responsible for working on legal matters primarily related to Human Resources, HR and Ethics Compliance, Labor Relations, Employee Relations, Compensation and Benefits matters. This position will provide preventive, proactive legal advice and solutions on a broad range of employment practice topics including, but not limited to, discrimination, harassment, performance, discipline and separations, leaves of absence and accommodations, recruiting, hiring, benefits, wage and hour, compensation, employment-related contracts, severance agreements, immigration, and labor relations issues. This position will represent the company before federal, state and local civil rights and governmental agencies and will be responsible for writing responses and position statements, responding to information requests, and attending fact-finding conferences.
As the Senior Manager, Associate Labor & Employment Counsel You Will:
Provide preventive, proactive, strategic legal advice on a broad range of employment practice topics
- Assist in investigating complaints of unfair or inappropriate treatment of employees
- Prepare training materials and conduct training sessions regarding employment best practices.
- Conduct legal research on various topics as directed, will be responsible for keeping abreast of new legal decisions and statutory developments and providing advice to clients regarding same
- Draft position statements and responses to government agencies
- Respond to attorney letters and related correspondence
- Assist the Senior Labor & Employment Counsel with various complex and/or sensitive projects, as assigned
How Often You May Travel:
- Up to 20% within North America
- Juris Doctor required and must be a member in good standing of the bar.
- 4-6 years of experience in labor and employment law. Previous experience in house or in the retail industry would be preferred
- Experience counseling clients and preparing responses to state and federal administrative charges is required
- Experience handling traditional labor issues is required
- An understanding of immigration law experience is preferred