Regulatory Relations Counsel
Location New York
Consultant Lisa McCarthy
Date posted September 30, 2016
A fantastic new Regulatory Relations Counsel position has arisen in a financial services organisation based in New York. In this position you will be responsible for the management and oversight of regulatory examinations of the company's systematically important financial market utilities, as well as their other regulated entities.
Key responsibilities of the Regulations counsel position:
- Manage and handle staff regarding regulatory inspections, reviews and examinations of the companies systemically important financial market utilities and other regulated entities
- Process and coordinate information/data/meeting requests. Facilitate receipt/delivery of responsive data and, where necessary , review data to ensure its accuracy/responsiveness prior to submission to regulators
- Meet with staff from regulatory authorities and the companies employees during examinations as necessary
- Work with business units and senior management in drafting and editing post-exam letters; coordinate submission of post-exam response letters to regulators
- Contribute to regulatory related projects and reporting
Key skills of the Regulations Counsel position:
- 7+ years experience within legal/compliance positions with direct experience within regulation
- Experience at a top law firm (in house exposure strongly desired)
- Extensive litigation or enforcement experience
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage a demanding workload involving multiple tasks, responsibilities and deadlines with follow-through and minimal supervision
- Driven and ambitious individual who likes to work on diverse matters
This company has been providing services to promote the stability of global financial markets for over 40 years. They honor and recognize the leaders, events and initiatives that helped form the business and establish its global reputation for excellence.
If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply today.