1940's Act Paralegal
Location New York
Consultant Lisa McCarthy
Date posted September 30, 2016
A newly created 1940's Act paralegal position has been created within a global asset manager. Working closely with the private funds group, this opportunity offer exposure to some interesting and broad work.
About the 1940's act paralegal position:
In this position the 1940's Act paralegal will be responsible in supporting a team of three attorneys with their extensive work on the mutual fund registration.
Key responsibilities of the 1940's Act Paralegal:
- Support the preparation, editing and reviewing of drafts of mutual fund SEC submissions
- Help with the preparation, planning and execution of Broad of Trustees meetings
- Assist in annual updates to mutual fund registration statements, including the circulation of document drafts and the coordination of comments from fund of fun and in house counsel
- Prepare and file relevant legal documentation into legal document management system and proprietary firm electronic database
- Support, review, update and implement existing and prospective governing documentation in connection with the U.S. mutual funds and possibly UCITs funds
- Assist in resolving routine comment son board materials from fund and in house counsel, auditors, and other reviewers
- Support other attorneys/paralegals on special projects as needed
Key skills of the 1940's Act Paralegal:
- Must have experience with open-end registered funds (U.S Mutual funds)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage a demanding workload involving multiple tasks, responsibilities and deadlines with follow-through and minimal supervision
This exciting opportunity is working for a global investment management firm. The firm offers a variety of quantitatively driven alternative and traditional investment vehicles to both institutional clients and financial advisors.
As of 2016, the firm has over $158 billion in assets under management.
If you are interested in learning more about this role then please apply today.