Assistant Company Secretary
Location New York
Consultant Lisa McCarthy
Date posted November 2, 2016
A new position has arisen at a leading banking and financial services organization. The assistant company secretary position will work closely with the company directors, executive officers and regulatory agencies.
About the Assistant Company Secretary position:
This position will act as principal liaison to members of the Board of Directors and the banks regulators in conjunction with meetings and activities of the Board of its Committees.
Key responsibilities of the Assistant Company Secretary position:
- Manage and handle staff regarding regulatory inspections, reviews and examinations of the companies systemically important financial market utilities and other regulated entities
- Process and coordinate information/data/meeting requests. Facilitate receipt/delivery of responsive data and, where necessary , review data to ensure its accuracy/responsiveness prior to submission to regulators
- Meet with staff from regulatory authorities and the companies employees during examinations as necessary
- Work with business units and senior management in drafting and editing post-exam letters; coordinate submission of post-exam response letters to regulators
- Contribute to regulatory related projects and reporting
Key skills of the Assistant Company Secretary position:
- 7+ years experience within legal/compliance positions with direct experience within regulation
- Experience at a top law firm (in house exposure strongly desired)
- Extensive litigation or enforcement experience
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage a demanding workload involving multiple tasks, responsibilities and deadlines with follow-through and minimal supervision
- Driven and ambitious individual who likes to work on diverse matters
The Assistant Company Secretary role is with a leading banking and financial services organization with over 7,500 offices in over 80 countries in the US, EU, Asia-pacific and the middle east.
If you are interested in hearing more about this position then please apply today.