Location New York
Consultant Petra Cooper
Date posted November 15, 2016
A newly created Regulatory Counsel position has become available with an international Corporate and Investment Bank, based in New York. This exciting position is looking for an experienced attorney to join their Legal Department as Counsel and will focus on a diverse array of regulatory matters.
About the Regulatory Counsel position:
The Regulatory Counsel will interact with many regulators including, but not limited to, FINRA & the SEC as well as other self-regulatory organizations. On a day-to-day basis this position will focus on bank regulatory and broker-dealer issues, whilst working on a wide range of legal regulatory matters such as Volcker Rule application, CFTC swap dealer issues and security based swap dealer registration, to mention but a few.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Regulatory Counsel will have responsibility within the New York Legal Department to provide advise on and coverage for certain regulatory matters:
- Providing legal advise to Front & Back Office and the Risk Department;
- Legal Analysis for new products including contributions to the New Product Committee (including cross-border analysis);
- Coordinating with legal and compliance colleagues both locally and internationally; and
- Managing external counsel where necessary.
Expertise and working knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Volcker Rule;
- Title VII (CFTC Swap Dealer and SEC SBSD);
- Bank Holding Company Act;
- Resolution Planning; and
- Enhanced Prudential Standards.
- Qualified candidates must have a J.D. degree;
- At least 4 years of experience at a large financial institution and/or law firm; and
- Must currently be admitted to the bar of the State of New York as an active member and in good standing OR eligible for registration as in-house counsel under the Rule of the Court of Appeals of the State of New York.
If you are self-motivated with the ability to work independently, with strong analytical and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities, apply today!