Global Finance Counsel
Location New York
Consultant Petra Cooper
Date posted December 14, 2016
We are looking for an experienced attorney to join the Legal Department in the New York Office of a Corporate and Investment Bank, as Global Finance Counsel. This person will support the Global Finance Platform of the Bank.
About the Global Finance Counsel position:
This role will require experience in secured financing with a focus on several areas including commodities and fund-related financing. The Global Finance Counsel will manage a wide variety of products and be responsible to provide advice on and coverage for various financing transactions from a legal point of view.
Responsibilities of the Global Finance Counsel:
- Drafting, reviewing and/or negotiating legal and contractual documentation for corporate and financing transactions entered into by the Global Finance Platform;
- Coordinating multi-jurisdictional, cross-border legal due diligence review, as necessary;
- Taking all necessary steps to ensure a proper understanding of legal risks incurred by the Global Finance platform and providing appropriate solutions in order to control and reduce legal risks;
- Providing legal analysis on new products and contributions, as necessary;
- Managing external counsel, as necessary and appropriate;
- Providing oversight and analysis for regulatory matters; and
- Providing support in other areas such as capital markets and regulatory matters, as necessary.
Required Skill and Experience:
- Must have a J.D. degree;
- At least 5 years of experience at a large financial institution and/or at a law firm;
- Qualified candidates must currently be admitted to the bar of the State of New York as an active member in good standing or registered as in-house counsel under the Rules of the Court of Appeals of the State of New York.
If you can work independently but also effectively within a team, have a strong work ethic and high degree of integrity, with a desire to add value within a larger organization, this position is for you!