Immigration Paralegal- 3-5 years Experience
Location New York
Consultant Hayley Quirk
Date posted January 9, 2017
An exciting opportunity for an Immigration Paralegal has become available with an American multinational financial services corporation headquartered in Manhattan. Our client offers a forward thinking, fast paced and collaborative work environment and is a leader in their field.
The Immigration Paralegal responsibilities will include:
- Assist with managing the PERM process end to end i.e. create job posting text, strategize on position requirements, including combination of work and educational criteria, work with SWA and Media to place job ads, file Prevailing Wage Determinations, work with in-house staffing and outside vendors to track/monitor ad posting periods and cool-down timing, and respond to PERM audits;
- Prepare US non-immigrant visa and US immigrant visa filings end to end; and
- Identify and coordinate training needs of internal business units, including developing and executing training session decks and strategic initiatives specific to each business unit.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3+ years of progressive work experience preparing US non-immigrant filings (including H-1Bs, L-1A/L-1Bs, E-3s, J-1s and TNs), as well as US immigrant filings, including PERM Labor Certifications, EB-2 and EB-3 I-140s, Multi-national Manager and Adjustment of Status Applications;
- Minimum of 2 years current hands-on PERM experience within overall work experience;
- Experience with LawLogix case management system and understanding of I-9 and B-1 visa compliance is a plus; and
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
If you are able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, can communicate effectively with clients and governmental agencies, can serve as a primary point of contact with the ability to function independently and to exercise discretion and judgment in sensitive matters, then this Immigration Paralegal vacancy is for you!