Senior Transactional Attorney- IP/Technology Focus
Location New York
Consultant Hayley Quirk
Date posted April 12, 2017
* Global investment management company * Central NYC location * Competitive Salary * End to end business exposure * Innovative and collaborative work environment
My Client is a global investment management company with offices in New York, Chicago, London and Hong Kong. Unlike traditional investment managers they use innovation and technology to constantly develop and become better every day.
They are looking for an excellent transactional attorney to work alongside the various business units, assisting with contract drafting and negotiations.
The ideal candidate would be someone with experience in the FinTech industry and therefore familiar both with the regulatory requirements of financial companies and with the intellectual property issues arising in technology licensing and deal-making.
- Negotiating and drafting a variety of data, non-disclosure, and other vendor contracts and licensing.
- Standardizing internal document management procedures and preferred contract terms across the companies.
- Increasing efficiency through the use of standardized workflows and document management software.
- Summarizing obligations created by contractual relationships, particularly in the areas of data management and inter-company arrangements.
- Admission to the New York bar, with at least 4 years of experience practicing law at a major U.S. law firm or in the legal department of a financial services or technology company.
- Proven experience in contract negotiation and drafting with an emphasis on data, technology, and software licensing.
- High intellectual aptitude and academic credentials.
- Ability to work collegially in a medium-sized in-house group of lawyers serving a very smart, demanding, and diverse client group in financial and technological fields.