Derivatives Documentation Negotiator
Location New York
Consultant Aleea Cherry
Date posted June 12, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
A Derivatives Documentation Negotiator role has become available at the Investment arm of a Global Investment and Advisory Firm, with more than $305 Billion in AUM across its three primary business divisions businesses of investment management, investment banking, and insurance services and will be based out of the firm’s New York office. The firm is seeking an exceptional individual to join its legal team to negotiate derivatives (and related) documentation and assist in regulatory compliance and internal legal asset management in connection with the Firm’s derivatives trading activities. This position will involve drafting derivatives trading documentation (e.g., master agreements, trade confirmations and ancillary documentation), negotiating the same with the Firm’s counterparties and liaising with portfolio managers, risk management, legal and compliance colleagues. The successful candidate will take a hands-on approach to a wide variety of legal tasks related to derivatives trading, including facilitating Dodd-Frank and EMIR compliance, coordinating account onboarding with operations teams, maintaining excellent records and keeping track of the documentation pipeline. This position presents an opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment on challenging business matters in a collaborative team with deep derivatives industry knowledge.
- Draft and negotiate derivatives trading documentation, including without limitation, master agreements, trade confirmations and side letters.
- Participate in negotiation calls with Firm counterparties, clearly communicate Firm positions and advocate on behalf of the same and relay open issues to the legal team.
- Ensure that trading documentation is accurately and timely reflected in Firm databases, and liaise with legal technology team, IT and central information teams regarding the same
- Maintain status of all ongoing negotiations on a counterparty-by-counterparty basis
- Assist in the development and implementation of Firm-approved template documentation for various derivatives (and related products)
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience drafting and negotiating derivatives documentation at a law firm or in-house at a sell-side institution
- Must have working knowledge of key master agreements (ISDA Master/Schedule/CSA, MRA, GMRA, MSLA, CUA, MSFTA, CDEA, delegated reporting agreement, etc.)
- Should be familiar with basic economics of forwards, options and swaps in various asset classes including credit, rates, foreign exchange, commodities and equity
- Must have some experience with ISDA trade confirmations and ISDA definitional booklets
- Basic knowledge of Dodd-Frank/EMIR protocols, protocol adherence process and market practice for KYC/onboarding/questionnaire matching (e.g., IHS Markit Counterparty Manager)
- Willingness to learn and take ownership of a wide variety of derivatives (and related) matters
You will be an effective negotiator with a good sense for practical business solutions to problems. You must exhibit a strong track record negotiating complex, strategic transactions and show a keen understanding and interest Derivatives and Regulatory compliance..
This well respected Global Investment & Advisory firm is a recognized for its competitive benefits and unrivalled culture and work life balance. If you are a driven determined individual with the ability to execute in a complex matrixed environment and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today by sending your resume to email@example.com or call me on 212 704 9900.