Trading Documentation Associate
Location New York
Consultant Aleea Cherry
Date posted June 12, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
A Trading Documentation Associate position has become available at a major Global Financial Institution, headquartered in Canada, with specialties in Retail Banking, Business Banking, Wealth Management, and Wholesale Banking; at its offices based in midtown Manhattan, NY.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Trading Documentation, and supporting the Senior Counsel & General Manager, Derivatives and Trading Documentation in Toronto, the successful candidate will be responsible for the negotiation and execution of Master Agreements in respect of derivative transactions, repurchase / reverse repurchase transactions, securities lending and other trading products, as well as documentation in respect of regulatory requirements on behalf of the Bank and its affiliates. The Associate will work closely with trading room personnel, relationship managers, risk management officers and other members of the Legal Department to ensure that executed derivatives and other trading contracts reflect the Bank’s documentation policies and procedures with respect to trading products, which are developed in accordance with standards set forth by the Bank and various regulatory and industry bodies.
- Negotiating master agreements (ISDA Master Agreements, repurchase agreements, stock lending agreements, collateral arrangements and regulatory amendments (collectively, “Master Agreements”) with external clients and/or other banks as required to support the Bank’s capital markets trading activities.
- Responsible for the communication and implementation of the Bank’s documentation policies and procedures with respect to trading products in accordance with the standards set forth by the Bank and various regulatory and industry bodies, to ensure consistency of application and to assist in the development of solutions to manage regulatory change.
- Responsible for working to ensure that the most appropriate documentation is utilized to mitigate credit risk on trading products and to minimize the resulting capital requirements
- Ensure documentation standards for credit risk of trading products conform to regulatory, legal
- and industry requirements; that they are communicated to pertinent individuals; and that all
- transactions are fully documented to protect the interests of the Bank.
- Be fully engaged in the preparation, drafting and negotiation of Master Agreements, with a
- primary focus on the Bank’s corporate / commercial client base. Be committed to performing this role in a collaborative and transparent manner.
- Play an active role in the development of standards and policies for, and direct negotiation of Master Agreements and related documentation relating to, all trading room derivatives products and business units globally.
Skills & Experience Required
- JD Required.
- Minimum 3+ years post qualification experience from a leading financial institution or law firm with knowledge of ISDA Master Agreements, derivatives documentation and treasury trading products.
- Strong knowledge of Credit Agreements, Security Documents, Intercreditor Agreements and related documentation is required. The ability to review credit documentation to verify the Bank’s security position for trading related to the credit documentation is a focal point of this role.
- Familiarity with and experience of the legal requirements and documentation pertaining to trading products. Strong knowledge of credit risk policies and procedures, as well as business, finance and banking to effectively interpret financial data.
- Strong knowledge of Dodd Frank requirements for the on boarding of derivative clients including the negotiation of Swap Deal Business Conduct & Trading Relationship Agreements and utilization of Markit.
You will be an effective negotiator with a good sense for practical business solutions to problems. You must exhibit a strong track record negotiating complex, strategic transactions and show a keen understanding and interest in Derivatives and Regulatory compliance.
This well respected Global Financial Institution is a recognized for its competitive benefits and unrivalled culture and work life balance. If you are a driven determined individual with the ability to execute in a complex matrixed environment and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today by sending your resume to email@example.com or call me on 212 704 9900.