Equipment Finance Counsel
Location North Carolina
Consultant Aleea Cherry
Date posted June 28, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
An Equipment Finance Legal Counsel role has become available at well respected Retail Bank and can be based in one of its locations at either Charlotte, Minneapolis, Chicago, Des Moines, or Los Angeles. This role offers outstanding experience and career progression for a leading Attorney who is a true expert in the Equipment and Asset Finance field.
About the Legal Counsel Role:
This attorney will become a member of the Bank’s Legal Department providing support to the “Bank’s Equipment Finance” lines of business which provide equipment leasing and equipment secured lending products across the United States and internationally. Transactions involve all types of equipment, including, without limitation, transportation equipment (aircraft, rail, marine, motor vehicles and trailers), medical equipment, construction equipment and office equipment.
- Negotiating and drafting lease and loan documents;
- Supporting the capital markets and syndications teams in the acquisition and sale of transactions with other financial institutions;
- Negotiating and drafting vendor programs;
- Reviewing and providing advice on a wide range of equipment finance transactions;
- Providing general transactional advice for secured lending, transactions working with documentation, credit, sales team members;
- Assisting with regulatory compliance requirements and management of legal and operational risk; and
- Drafting and updating transactional document templates.
- 8+ years of experience as a practicing attorney or 6+ years of experience as a practicing attorney and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following areas: risk, compliance, contracts, government/regulatory, financial services, or technology Active State Bar membership
- Active State Bar membership
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research, counsel, and guidance on complex legal questions or inquiries
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to analyze legal issues in substantive law in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on complex legal matters
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to secured lenders and lessors, including those related to Fair Credit, Reg B, Flood, FACTA, Service Member Relief, qualified financial contracts and state licensing requirements
- Experience addressing operational risk issues and drafting procedures related thereto
- Substantive experience handling equipment finance (leasing and loan) transactions
You will be an effective negotiator with a good sense for practical business solutions to problems. You must exhibit a strong track record negotiating complex, strategic transactions and show a keen understanding and interest in Finance and leasing, particularly as it relates to Equipment Finance.
This well respected retail bank is a recognized for its competitive benefits, unrivalled culture and work life balance. If you are a driven determined Attorney with the ability to execute in a complex matrixed environment and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me Aleea Cherry on 212 704 9900.