Consultant Aleea Cherry
Date posted September 23, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
An excellent opportunity for an Aviation Attorney has arisen at a major Aircraft Leasing Corporation at their offices based in Irvine, CA.
- Ensure the provision of effective and cost-efficient legal advice on all aspects of MCAP legal matters:
- draft and negotiate commercial agreements related to MCAP’s aircraft leasing transactions, including lease and sublease agreements, purchase and sale agreements, amendments, termination agreements, and financing agreements.
- manage individual transactions, including liaising with technical and commercial divisions, from letter of intent stage through closing.
- manage external counsel, including interacting with regional lawyers in aspects of aircraft leasing transactions requiring local legal involvement and advice.
- undertake legal analysis of and, where necessary, ensure the enforcement of, the contractual commitments of MCAP in respect of aircraft leasing transactions.
- monitor legal briefings and other market intelligence for most current legal aspects of aircraft leasing;
- contribute to jurisdictional analyses for ongoing knowledge library related to aircraft leasing transactions.
- attend and participant, where appropriate, in aviation industry forums and conferences on latest trends.
- JD from accredited law school and admitted to at least one state bar.
- 4 to 5 years of experience as an attorney at a major law firm with financing transaction experience. Aircraft financing/leasing experience preferred.
- Aircraft technical and commercial knowledge is a plus.
You will be an effective negotiator with a good sense for practical business solutions to problems. You must exhibit a strong track record negotiating complex, strategic transactions and show a keen understanding and interest in Aviation Leasing.
If you are a driven determined Attorney with the ability to execute in a complex matrixed environment and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me Aleea Cherry on 212 704 9900.