Investment Advisor Attorney
Consultant Eskor Edem
Date posted September 23, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
Robert Walters is pleased to announce its partnership with a leading registered investment advisor in need for a talented mid-level attorney to join their Austin, TX based team.
Robert Walters is pleased to announce its partnership with a leading registered investment advisor in need for a talented mid-level attorney to join their Austin, TX based team. The successful candidate will assist with the day-to-day corporate legal needs, including federal and state and international securities law analysis and portfolio management and trading compliance related issues.
- Support global large shareholder reporting obligations and related matters as well as global corporate action review.
- Research, develop, prepare, and analyze issues related to a variety of legal documentation, such as investment advisor registrations. Ensure this documentation is in compliance with applicable multi-jurisdictional regulatory law.
- Review and interpret statutes, rules, and policies relevant to the firm's regulatory functions, its corporate subsidiaries, and its fund complexes and work with clients to meet their business objectives in the applicable regulatory environment.
- Negotiate contracts or deals with third party vendors, such as brokerage houses, service organizations, custodial banks, institutional clients, or external research services.
- Prepare and, when requested, present materials, such as memoranda, agendas, and meeting minutes for internal meetings, committee meetings, or the meetings of the various boards, its subsidiary companies, or its fund complexes. Identify legal issues and provide legal advice of importance to the Boards.
The successful candidate will work closely with the General Counsel and other members of the legal and compliance team, as well as the investment team to facilitate a wide variety of investments. The successful candidate must hold a JD from an accredited law school and must be an active member of the Texas State Bar.