Employee Relations Specialist - Global Investment Bank
Consultant Hillary Crowder
Date posted September 22, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
ER is a control and risk management function within HR supporting all employees in the company. The ER Specialist is responsible for advising on complex workplace matters and ensuring compliance with Barclays policies and practices. The purpose of the role is to provide commercial, pragmatic and timely advice to stakeholders in order to mitigate employee legal and reputational risk. The Americas ER Function must coordinate with their global counterparts to ensure appropriate alignment. This is a six month contract with the possibility of becoming a permanent position. This is a great opportunity for an Employment Attorney to get a foot in the door with a global investment bank.
• Conduct workplace investigations into claims of inappropriate behaviour and conduct. Investigate concerns and complaints that are raised in a fair and balanced way.
• Provide advice and counsel on how best to coach managers and employees through complex employee issues.
• Provide advice in respect to executing on organizational change, including restructuring and reductions in force.
• Responsible for the creation and delivery of ER training in coordination with our control partners with a focus on prevention.
• Provide commercial, pragmatic and timely advice to stakeholders regarding underperforming employees which could result in disciplinary action.
• Oversee various projects and initiatives with respect to new legislation in employment law including developing and updating relevant ER policies.
• Participate in the creation and delivery of ER metrics to various stakeholders.
Risk and Control Objective
• Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal policies and policy standards.
• Bachelors Degree
• 3+ years as a legal professional OR 8+ years as an HR professional
• Law degree specializing in Employment Law OR Masters Degree in HR preferred
• Relevant experience within financial services, preferably investment banking
• Experience with senior stakeholders
• A strong understanding of employment legislation in the US along with familiarity with UK governance requirements with respect to conduct rules
• Ability to manage and navigate through complex change
• Ability to deal with, and manage multiple differing priorities