Consultant Vanessa Toro-Plaza
JobRef 1127522019-04-18 2019-05-24 legal permanent US New York New York USD 90000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An International Trading Company is looking for an ISDA Negotiator. If you are looking for a job with travel possibilities and more autonomy this is the role for you.
A typical day in this role will be as follows:
- Negotiating agreements with counter-parties, including preparing and submitting draft documents to clients prior to negotiation and execution of final original documents and any subsequent amendments thereto.
- Undertaking due diligence prior to and post completion of agreements e.g. commissioning and review of legal opinions and supporting documents.
- Providing advice as required on legal issues.
- Providing updates as necessary on status and outstanding issues.
- Carrying out any routine and ancillary administrative task required by Legal Manager and Senior Management.
- Coordinating with Business, Credit, Compliance, Collateral Management, Operations and Chief Officers and obtaining terms and approvals necessary for the completion of agreements.
- Providing advice to the Operations and Confirmations Department.
- Instructing external law firms for advice, processing associated bills and maintaining records.
- Monitoring and arranging new agreements or guarantees to be issued in the event that existing agreements or guarantees expire.
- Dealing directly with counter-parties to agree agreements terms.
- Researching legal materials (e.g. books and on-line resources) to facilitate completion of duties.
- Maintaining knowledge of current and impending regulations.
- Working as part of the Legal Department to complete all tasks necessary to enable the department to provide a satisfactory service.
- Providing guidance on regulatory and compliance requirements of jurisdictions in which MBCI does business and jurisdictions where MBCI propose to do business, liaising with MBCI compliance personnel and external counsel where necessary. These regulatory requirements include Dodd-Frank in the US (including rules around conflict metals), FATCA in the US, the Securities and Futures Act in Singapore, EMIR in Europe and the anti-money laundering provisions in the Patriot Act (USA).
- Drafting and finalizing policies and precedents to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Assisting with managing legal disputes and dispute resolution, including liaising with external counsel when necessary.
- Working with the business to identify and manage significant legal risks and trends within the business, including providing targeted legal awareness briefings, compliance and preventative law seminars.
- Attorney with a t least three (3) years of previous ISDA experience, preferably with the experience and ability to negotiate other trading agreements (especially FIA Master Netting Agreements and Terms of Business and it various modules), and agreements to trade physical gas and power in North America.
- Knowledge of relevant law and demonstrable ability to draft and negotiate documents, identify, interpret and advise on issues, action requirements and lead change management.
- Experience working within a regulated business.
- Good attention to detail, team player, able to work under pressure, prioritize and respond to deadlines. Good organization skills.
- Ability to work autonomously, discreetly and confidentially.
- Ability to develop and maintain a good working relationship with global internal teams and external parties.